Zion!

Zion!
Love this place and these people

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lake Atitlan

This is a typically dressed little Mayan girl. It never ceases to amaze me how they can just walk around/sit/converse with tons of stuff on their heads.


This is a woman doing the typical Mayan backstrap weaving. These take forever and I can't imagine doing this for your entire life.











This is our photo shoot for the next "Lake Atitlan" teen drama series. As you can see I'm the only girl character...you can only imagine what kind of drama is going to happen!!

This lake is so beautiful and the pictures don't do it justice. I didn't want to leave.

Lake Atitlan at Sunset from our deck and from the restaurant where we ate dinner.





























Our boat ride across the lake was AMAZING. We actually had our own private boat and he took us to three of the small villages. They were each so beautiful. We felt like each one was actually it's own island.





































Here I am riding in the back of a truck on the way to visit "Maximon". A local idol who is known as the black Jesus. He smokes and drinks and he moves from place to place. They took us to the house where he was and they were having some type of ceremony. Very interesting. The drive around the lake was beautiful though.

3 comments:

  1. I went there a few years back. Was I living with you at the time? I don't remember. Anyway, Maximon was my favorite, so glad you got to experience that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really cool to see those pics especially of the local women! I'm sure you are picking up spanish fantasticly, yes I made that word up. Sometimes it is just so fun to do...
    How do you like the food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures! It looks and sounds like you are having a great experience!

    ReplyDelete